Career Opportunities -Principal Industrial Designers
Raymont‑Osman Product Design are currently in a position to offer exciting career opportunities for experienced and ambitious Industrial Designers.
We are a young and bold company, with significant plans for growth. Due to the volume of work from existing, long-term clients, we are seeking to develop a talented, multi-disciplinary team of Designers and Engineers who will enhance our capabilities and attract new clients.
Roles will be varied and open-ended – as much about developing our growing business as designing, testing and developing products.
Successful candidates will:
- be brilliant in their own field. We aim to provide our clients with world-class expertise and so, applicants will hold a First or Upper Second Degree from a university with a strong engineering or design reputation. Candidates should also be able to demonstrate at least five years’ experience within this industry.
- be pro-active and quick; able to provide our clients with a personal and responsive service.
- be flexible and fast-learning, with sound judgement, able to react to unpredictable situations.
- be able to forge relationships with new clients, develop proposals and bring in new work.
- be a team player with the ability to lead and work within multi-disciplinary teams of Industrial Designers, Mechanical Engineers and Electronics Engineers.
- take responsibility for the development and mentoring of junior colleagues, assisting in recruitment of high-quality, talented staff.
- have the tenacity and determination to work on projects from conception to product launch, continuing to support our clients as long as required.
- be fully-versed in the use of computing packages, including SolidWorks, in order to provide our clients with a cutting-edge service.
- be highly literate, enabling them to compose precise and professional reports in order to communicate effectively with clients and suppliers.
Industrial Designers will:
- Use 2D sketches and 3D CAD modelling to develop concepts.
- Create images, renderings and animations for communication with clients.
- Ensure design feasibility through consideration of the
- Create physical prototypes to explore form and function.
In return, Raymont‑Osman can offer you:
- exciting opportunities to work within cutting-edge fields, as a pioneer within the development of new products. Our previous products include: luxury automotive, innovate sports technology, medical devices, and high-tech industrial equipment.
- enormous influence over the direction and personality of our growing company. A role at Raymont‑Osman will provide the right person with rare opportunities to develop their career rapidly – limited only by their own capability.
- a stimulating work environment with space to think. Our attractive offices are set on the edge of the beautiful Cotswolds and are fully equipped with a wide range of prototyping and testing facilities.
- opportunities to take the lead on areas such as IT, H&S, Quality and Marketing.
- a responsive business, willing to adjust and adapt to fit amazing people.
- generous terms including paid overtime and extended holidays with time-off in lieu
Whilst we initially seek applications from more experienced candidates, we anticipate the availability of subsequent, junior roles, later in the year. Therefore, speculative applications will be welcomed from talented, less-experienced applicants.
If you feel that a role at Raymont‑Osman could be for you, please apply with a CV, covering letter detailing your suitability for the post and any relevant examples of your work to:
Please apply to Tom Osman, Director